Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Christ Centered Prophecy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Christ Centered Prophecy Empty
PostSubject: Christ Centered Prophecy   Christ Centered Prophecy EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:10 am

This is kind of a companion to "Christ Centered Religion," which can be found in the Theology & Doctrinal forum, at this link: http://sonofdavid.myfreeforum.org/about301.html

Come to think of it. If we are Christians, shouldn't Christ be at the center of our lives, whether it be prophecy, or doctrine, etc. No matter what, Christ must be at the center.

It is my position that all prophecy, regardless of timing, is fulfilled in Christ. I base that on Matthew 5.17 & 18, where Jesus said, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

Based on this, did Jesus come just to fulfill the law, or to fulfill the prophets as well? Certainly to fulfill the prophets as well. Also, he indicates that not even the very smallest part of the law would pass away until all prophecy is fulfilled. Otherwise, what does the phrase, "till all is fulfilled," refer to? So, the Law and prophecy is fulfilled in Christ. Thus Christ is at the center of prophecy, and all is fulfilled in Him. If all prophecy is not fulfilled, then we are still under the Law.

And that is the principle of Christ centered prophecy.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

Christ Centered Prophecy
Page 1 of 1