Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problems With the Futurists Views

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Problems With the Futurists Views Empty
PostSubject: Problems With the Futurists Views   Problems With the Futurists Views EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:18 am

The futurist view of prophecy does in fact make Jesus a liar, were it true.  And I don't take it to kindly when someone calls my Lord a liar.

In Matthew 16:27&28, Jesus said to the twelve disciples, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.  Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in Kingdom."   A literal interpretation is that Jesus told the disciples that some of them would be alive when "they" see Him coming in His Kingdom.  If this did not happen, then Jesus lied.

In Matthew 23:31-36 Jesus said, "Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.  Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt.  Serpents, brood of vipers!  How can you escape the condemnation of hell?  Therefore, indeed, I send you, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth , from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.  Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation."    A literal interpretation, for those who understand the English language, is that the retaliation of all the righteous blood shed on the earth would happen to the generation Jesus was speaking to.  If this hasn't happened, then Jesus lied.

The term "this generation" is used in Matthew 24:34 where Jesus said, "Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place."   A literal understanding of this is that all the things Jesus talked about in Matthew 23&24, had to have happen in the generation Jesus was speaking to, for if it didn't, then Jesus is a liar.

There is one fact above all others that has led me to take the "fulfilled prophecy" view, and that is, I  believe Jesus is NOT  a liar.  I also have an understanding of the English language that my detractors obviously do not share.  As a radio annoucer, and later, a publisher, I had to have a working knowledge of the English language.  In my audience, and later, my readership, there were people that loved to point out my every mistake in linguistics.  So, I was forced to hone that skill.  I understand what "you" means.  I know what "this" means.  And the way they are written in the words of Christ, must lead to the conclusion, to any thinking person, that the return, coming, or second coming, or third coming, whatever term you choose, had to have happened "Immediately after the tribulation of those days," referring to the days leading up, and including, the destruction of the temple.  Any other view makes Jesus out to be a liar.  And we all know He's NOT a liar.

That is the problem I have with any of the futurists views.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

Problems With the Futurists Views
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: WAY OF TRUTH Christian Forums :: Bible Prophecy Forum-
Jump to: