Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Did Jesus Die For Hitler?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Did Jesus Die For Hitler? Empty
PostSubject: Did Jesus Die For Hitler?   Did Jesus Die For Hitler? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:54 am

It seems to me that eventhough the atonement is universal, not all will believe, hence then the atonement is of no effect to those who do not believe. That's why, I believe Jesus said in John 3.18 that those who do not believe are condemned already.

Also, according to the foreknowledge of God we, believers that is, have been predestined to be conformed to the image of God's son. Romans 8.29. Further, we have been predestined from before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1. 4&5.

On a human level, we do not know who is predestined, but certainly God does. And that is how Calvinists erroneously conclude that the atonement is limited. It is not the atonement that is limited, but man's acceptance of the atonement. And God knows from before the foundation of the world who would and would not accept the atonement. Based on that foreknowledge we have been chosen in Christ. Was Hitler one of the chosen. History reveals to us what God knew from the foundation of the world. And history shows no indication that Hitler accepted the atonement. Therefore, I believe it is safe to say that Jesus did not die for Hitler.

True, Scripture states that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. But that is a collective statement. There is no indication in Scripture, that I know of, that Jesus died for us individually. The atonement is only effective to those who are saved by grace though faith. By grace the atonement is made, though faith it is accepted, and acceptance is limited. Had Jesus died for every man, woman and child that has ever lived, then all are saved as the universalists teach. Hence, it must be accepted that Jesus did not die for anyone individually. To suggest that Jesus died for Hitler, knowing what history has revealed about him would suggest the atonement is not effective for all who Jesus died for. I find that unacceptable. The atonement is effective for all who believe. Others are "condemned already," and Hitler clearly fits into that category.
study
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

Did Jesus Die For Hitler?
Page 1 of 1