Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HERE WE GO AGAIN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

HERE WE GO AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: HERE WE GO AGAIN   HERE WE GO AGAIN EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 am

HERE WE GO AGAIN

Every year at this time, we see capitalism in progress. People rushing into stores, trampling others to the ground, all in the name of Christmas.

I have yet to hear that anyone has been injured or killed, but we just got started.

If Jesus is truly the reason for the season, why are people so selfish? They can't wait, they got to plow through the crowd trying to be the first person in the doors of whatever store they're at. If Jesus is the reason for the season, is this the way people should act? Didn't Jesus say, "Love one another"? And Scripture also teaches that we should be concerned about the interests and needs of others, not just our own. Is all the pushing and shoving and trampling an expression of love or being concerned about the needs and interests of others?

I don't know what motivates this progression of capitalism, but it sure isn't love, or caring about the needs of others. If that isn't proof that Jesus is not the reason for the season, I don't know what is. But that doesn't seem to bother Christmas celebrants.

Christmas in America is not a time of love or caring. It's a time of selfishness and carousal. And, most American "Christians" support it. I wonder how many people that were in the crowds today, pushing and shoving their way into the store claimed to be "Christian." Seems hypocritical to me.

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

HERE WE GO AGAIN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: WAY OF TRUTH Christian Forums :: Holidays-
Jump to: