Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AND THEN SHALL THE END COME

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

AND THEN SHALL THE END COME Empty
PostSubject: AND THEN SHALL THE END COME   AND THEN SHALL THE END COME EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 3:52 am

Matthew 24v14 states, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come."

Colossians 1v23 states, "if so be that ye continue in the faith, grounded and stedfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel which ye heard, which was preached in all creation under heaven; whereof I Paul was made a minister."

(Scriptures quoted from the ASV via biblegateway.com)

This is rather simple. Jesus said the gospel of the kingdom would be preached to all nations "and then shall the end come." Paul stated that the gospel "was preached in all creation under heaven." Yet, some still maintain that the end has not yet come. So, what happened here? Were either Jesus or Paul wrong? And if either or both were wrong, how can we believe anything either of them said?

Was Jesus really the Son of God? Was Paul really an apostle? These are questions that need to be answered if either or both were wrong.

Of course, Jesus nor Paul were wrong. Jesus said the gospel would preached "unto all nations," and Paul declared that the gospel was preached "in all creation under heaven." The end, according to Jesus, would come when that was accomplished. For us to still be waiting for the end, we would have to ignore the immediacy of what Jesus said.

Let's consider the immediacy of the Lord's statement. I suppose it hinges on the word, "then." Let's consider some definitions of the word, "then."
- at that time; at the time in question
- after that; next; afterward
(Definitions from the Oxford American Dictionaries Application on my computer)

Now let's insert some of these definitions in our statement.
- And at that time shall the end come.
- And at the time in question shall the end come.
- And after that shall the end come.
- And next shall the end come.
- And afterward shall the end come.

Now let's use our word into some applications to our lives today.
- I'll put my key into the ignition switch, and then I will start the car.
- The Phillies lost game one, and then they won game two.
- Hunter Pence played for the Astros, and then he was traded to the Phillies, and then the Phillies traded him to the Giants.
- Take note, Hunter Pence did play for the Astros, and his next team was the Phillies, and his next and current team is the Giants.

Now, how are we to understand what Jesus said? These definitions would indicate that after the gospel is preached to all nations, next the end would come. But, those who claim the end has not yet come, many believe there has been over 1900 years of prophecy since Jesus and Paul made these statements. How does that fit what Jesus said? The answer, it doesn't. Jesus prophesied the gospel would be preached to the world, and the next event to happen in prophecy would be the end. So, how is it that we could have nearly 2000 years of prophecy since then?

If the end did not come next, after the gospel was preached to every creature under heaven, then either Jesus or Paul was wrong. And, I just don't believe that is so. The only conclusion one can make is that after Paul made his statement is that the next event in prophecy was the end.

And speaking of the end, this is it.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

AND THEN SHALL THE END COME
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: WAY OF TRUTH Christian Forums :: Bible Prophecy Forum-
Jump to: