Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reflection of God

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Reflection of God Empty
PostSubject: Reflection of God   Reflection of God EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:45 am

I was just reading the first chapter of Hebrews. In verse 3 of the ASV it says that Jesus was the "effulgence" of the glory of God. That word kinda threw me for loop. I never seen that word before. So I looked it up in other translations. The NAB Revised Edition use the word, "refulgence." The NCV states, "The Son reflects the glory of God..."

Then it came to me. The light of the world is a reflection of the light from God, but not the source of the light. Just like the moon reflects the light of the sun, as a bicycle reflector is not the source of the light it reflects. So, Jesus came and reflected the light of God into a darkened world.

Yes, Jesus said, "I am the light of the world." Just as the moon is the light of the world when the sun is not present. Everything Jesus was came from the Father. Once again showing that Jesus is a manifestation of God. No matter how you look it, Jesus was a reflection, or a manifestation, but God the Father is the source.

When we look at the moon are we not seeing the light of the sun. So, when they saw Jesus they were seeing the light of God. So when Jesus was in the flesh, he reflected the light of God, but was not the source. Therefore, when Jesus was in the flesh, he was not God, but was a reflection or manifestation of God.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

Reflection of God
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: WAY OF TRUTH Christian Forums :: General Christian Forum-
Jump to: