Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Judgement of Two Messages

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Judgement of Two Messages Empty
PostSubject: Judgement of Two Messages   Judgement of Two Messages EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:15 pm

While it's true there are many influences on our decision making process, we are still responsible for our decisions and the actions we do as a result. Otherwise, no one is responsible for anything.

Also, it's hard to share beliefs without judgement. For example, I believe that homosexuality is an abomination to God, as is stated in the Bible. Sharing that belief pronounces judgement on those that practice it. Just about anything we share from the Bible will pronounce judgement, even, "love one another." Sharing that message of love pronounces judgement on those that do not practice "love one another," like so many Christians today.

But, Biblical judgement is not for those outside of God's kingdom. Whether the Old Covenant Law, or the New Covenant Law. Both are directed at God's people, teaching God's people how to live. As it is written, "Judgement begins at the household of faith." People who are outside of God's kingdom are lost already. Therefore, teaching them how to live doesn't make any sense. But, it's important for Christian ministers to reach out to people the gospel will make sense to. That is the process of making new disciples. But the message to those outside of the kingdom is a different message than the message to those in the kingdom.

The message to those outside the kingdom is one of salvation. The message to those in the kingdom is one of instruction. All too often, the two are confused, which has caused the confused state Christianity is in today, especially in America.

When people outside the kingdom fail to respond to the message of salvation, they are judged by God accordingly. When people in the kingdom fail to adhere to the message of instruction, they too are judged by God accordingly.

For example Matthew 25.34-46 is a message of instruction for kingdom subjects
Quote :
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in; 36naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink? 38And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels: 42for I was hungry, and ye did not give me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink; 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not unto one of these least, ye did it not unto me. 46And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into eternal life.
- ASV; asvbible.com

What does this say about kingdom subjects. Some will obey this message of instruction, and will be judged by the King accordingly, while others will not obey this instruction, and will also be judged accordingly. Those that are not obedient will go away to eternal punishment, or judgement. Those that are obedient will be rewarded with eternal life. That's the message of instruction in part.

The message of salvation is different. The message of salvation is commonly called, "the Gospel." And the gospel is that we are sinners bound for everlasting judgement. But Jesus, God's only begotten Son came and was crucified taking upon himself the sins of the whole world, paying the penalty for sin so that we don't have to, That if anyone believe in him, they will not perish, but have everlasting life, spiritually spending the rest of eternity with God, the source of life, in his kingdom.

And that is the gospel message of salvation. When one believes the message of salvation, they come into the kingdom, and then receive instruction. As Jesus said in Matthew 28.20, teaching them to observe all things He commanded. Not whatever man teaches as instruction. All instruction for kingdom subjects must be Biblically based.

Two messages, same judgement for failing to correctly respond to either message.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

Judgement of Two Messages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: WAY OF TRUTH Christian Forums :: General Christian Forum-
Jump to: