Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why Study?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Why Study? Empty
PostSubject: Why Study?   Why Study? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 3:17 pm

2nd Timothy 2.15 states, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." -KJV

In my earlier years, I took this verse to heart. I applied it to my life. I have always been a truth seeker. I was 30 in 1986. I don't know when I stopped studying, but it wasn't long after that. It was right after I learned the truth about Christmas. And, like a child with a new toy, I was excited. I shared my new found truth with everyone. I did not get a very good reception. As a result, I wondered, what is the point in studying to learn the truth if no one, or very few, will accept the truth.

It was in that time frame that I began learning about fulfilled prophecy, also known as preterism. Consequently, I really did not study preterism all that much. So, I get many questions I can't answer, and that is why. I studied enough to know that fulfilled prophecy is indeed the truth. But that is it.

I was probably already primed to accept preterism, because none of the futurist doctrines ever made any sense. Once I came to the conclusion that preterism is indeed true, I stopped studying. And this occurred in the late 80s. Since then I have not spent a lot of time studying, beyond refreshing my memory. But, I certainly don't remember anything I never studied in the first place. Old Testament prophecy, for example. My acceptance of fulfilled prophecy are based on the New Testament, and specifically the teachings of Christ.

Recent writings are based on past studious days, with current refreshers. I do not study anymore. So, if you want me to get interested in something new, forget about it. It's not going to happen. Why study anymore when an overwhelming majority of religious people will not accept the truth?

For the most part, I have to come to the end of my Biblical knowledge. And I see no reason to go any further. That's not to say that I can't discuss many issues. From the time I was 7 till I was about 30, I was very studious of the Bible. And there were times I was more studious than others. There were times, when recuperating from whatever health issue, all I did was study the Bible. But, why? Why did I do it? It seems to me I wasted my time. It's been my experience and observation that most people don't care about Biblical truth.

That has been my mindset for the past 27 years. And, I see no reason to change it.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

Why Study?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: WAY OF TRUTH Christian Forums :: General Christian Forum-
Jump to: