Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Things I struggle with

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Things I struggle with Empty
PostSubject: Things I struggle with   Things I struggle with EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:53 pm

I am sure everyone struggles with some things in their faith.

What I struggle with is the Trinity. I know I am supposed to understand it and believe it, but deep down I don't really.

I like to think of Jesus as the son of God, not God. I like to think of the Holy Spirit as the comforter that Jesus sent to direct us in our every day life. I can't find anywhere in the bible where it mentions "The God Head" and yet many denominations believe it.

I may be wrong, there are so many views on this.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: Things I struggle with   Things I struggle with EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:36 pm

I don't believe in the trinity as many people teach it. I believe in One God who has manifested himself in various ways. Finally he manifested himself in the person of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. All one God.

As far as the word "Godhead," see Romans 1.20 and Colossians 2.9.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

PostSubject: Re: Things I struggle with   Things I struggle with EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Romans 1:20
New International Version (NIV)
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Colossians 2:9
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

Colossians 2:9
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

Well, there it is GodHead.  I stand corrected.... Embarassed 

But, the Deity can be one deity or many, can't it?

Would you please explain the Trinity in words that my little peanut of a brain can understand Tom?  Thanks......... Wink. If Jesus is God, why did He pray to God? And why did he ask Him to take this cup from Him if it was His will?

(I am just trying to learn Tom, Not in a million years would I argue with you about it, because I do not know a lot, even though I was brought up in a Christian home, then swayed, then back many years later.)
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: Things I struggle with   Things I struggle with EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:59 pm

I know you are not trying to argue. Also, I did explain the trinity above. I'm not sure how to explain any further.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

PostSubject: Re: Things I struggle with   Things I struggle with EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:27 am

I must say WhiteDove, that to try and understand the Trinity has puzzled me as well. However, there is one way I like to look at it. Jesus is the Godhead bodily. Jesus said "the words which I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life." John 6:63 There we have the Spirit. He also said "my Father is always with me." John 8:29 There we have the Father. And "For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham." Heb. 2:16 There is the Son
When Jesus was transfigured on the mountain before Peter, James, and John, He appeared in His glorified form just as He is in Revelation 1:13-15.
I also like the way that John explains God in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." He also goes on in verse 14 of chapter 1 to say "and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. And we beheld His glory as of that of the only begotten of the Father full of grace and truth."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things I struggle with   Things I struggle with Empty

Back to top Go down

Things I struggle with
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: WAY OF TRUTH Christian Forums :: General Christian Forum-
Jump to: