Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Truth About Easter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

The Truth About Easter Empty
PostSubject: The Truth About Easter   The Truth About Easter EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 6:17 pm

THE TRUTH ABOUT EASTER
by Tom Lineaweaver

This is what Wiki-pedia says about Easter.

"Easter (Greek: Πάσχα Paskha, from Hebrew: פֶּסַח Pesakh,) is the most important annual religious feast in the Christian liturgical year.[1] According to Christian scripture, Jesus was resurrected from the dead on the third day after his crucifixion. Some Christians celebrate this resurrection on Easter Day or Easter Sunday[2] (also Resurrection Day or Resurrection Sunday), two days after Good Friday and three days after Maundy Thursday."

I realize if you look it up in "Wiki-pedia, you'll see a lot more. But this is enough for the purpose here.

You will notice that Wiki gives the Greek word, paskha. Easter is a faulty translation of this word. But don't take my word for it. W.E. Vine also says that in his dictionary of New Testament words.

EASTER

PASCHA, mistranslated "Easter" in Acts 12.4, A.V., denotes the Passover (R.V.). The phrase "after the Passover" signifies after the whole festival was at an end. The term Easter is not of Christian origin. It is another form of Astarte, one of the titles of the Chaldean godess, the queen of heaven. The festival of Pasch held by Christians in post-apostolic times was a continuation of the Jewish feast, but was not instituted by Christ, nor was it connected to Lent. From this Pasch, the pagan festival of Easter was quite distinct and was introduced into the apostate Western religion, as part of the attempt to adapt Pagan festivals to Christianity. See PASSOVER"

PASSOVER

PASCHA, the Greek spelling of the Aramaic word for the Passover, from the Hebrew pasach, to pass over, to spare, a feast instituted by God in commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egypt, and the anticipatory of the expiatory sacrifice of Christ." Vine goes on to list Scriptures where this word is found in the New Testament, and how it is translated.

You can go to this website: http://www.biblebelievers.biz/radio041.htm and more about the "Truth of Easter." Here is but a sample of that article:

"Such is the history of Easter. The popular observances that still attend the period of its celebration amply confirm the testimony of history as to its Babylonian character. The hot cross buns of Good Friday, and the dyed eggs of Pasch or Easter Sunday, figured in the Chaldean rites just as they do now. The buns, were used in the worship of the 'Queen of Heaven', the goddess Easter, as early as the founding of Athens, 1500 years before Christ. They offered sacred cakes made of fine flour and honey. The prophet Jeremiah speaks of this kind of offering when he says, "The children gather wood, the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the Queen of Heaven' (Jeremiah 7:18). Hot cross buns are not offered nowadays, but eaten, on the festival of Astarte. This leaves no doubt as to whence they've been derived."

I am sure, there isn't anymore I need to say. You have to decide for yourself whether or not you believe Easter is of God or not. As for me, I have a firm belief that it is not of God.

God bless you as you consider these facts.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

The Truth About Easter
Page 1 of 1