Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Eat Healthier?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
slybelvedere

How to Eat Healthier? Empty
PostSubject: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Just wondering if anyone had any Bible verse suggestions or Biblical advice on eating healthier? I eat a lot of junk food and am trying to eat healthier, but it doesn't matter how much fruit I eat or how many veggies I eat, I always seem to want junk food. Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 10:21 pm

slybelvedere wrote:
Just wondering if anyone had any Bible verse suggestions or Biblical advice on eating healthier? I eat a lot of junk food and am trying to eat healthier, but it doesn't matter how much fruit I eat or how many veggies I eat, I always seem to want junk food. Suggestions?

You could try following the Bible diet, what God gave in the law. Also, loom at the diet Daniel and his friends ate instead of the kings diet. They were much healthier than the king's men.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:02 am

If you could cut the junk food than you would be eating healthier.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:10 am

clark thompson wrote:
If you could cut the junk food than you would be eating healthier.

For some people, junk food is all they can afford. What you say is true. The most inexpensive good food you can eat are eggs, and depending where you go, their cost can be high too.

I don't know sly's situation, but I know mine, so I am speaking from experience. $77 per month doesn't go far if you want to eat healthy foods.
Back to top Go down
slybelvedere

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Oh, I do actually eat a lot of eggs! Seriously though, I make sure to have fruit at home like apples and bananas because they tend to be the cheapest, but even when I have a choice between an apple and a piece of chocolate, I will eat the apple and in a couple hours end up eating the chocolate too. Maybe I am addicted to the caffeine in the chocolate or something, or the sugar. A biblical diet does interest me. They seemed to be healthier back then than even people of today.
Back to top Go down
slybelvedere

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:15 pm

I sure am glad it's Farmer's Market season! One of my favorite things to do in the summer is support my local farmers by purchasing the most delicious cantaloupe and seedless watermelon I've ever had. Bonus: they are healthy treats! I also like getting local honey, and it's a healthier sweetener than sugar (also honey is mentioned in the Bible so it has to healthy, right? lol).
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 10:01 pm

slybelvedere wrote:
Oh, I do actually eat a lot of eggs! Seriously though, I make sure to have fruit at home like apples and bananas because they tend to be the cheapest, but even when I have a choice between an apple and a piece of chocolate, I will eat the apple and in a couple hours end up eating the chocolate too. Maybe I am addicted to the caffeine in the chocolate or something, or the sugar. A biblical diet does interest me. They seemed to be healthier back then than even people of today.
Quote :
I sure am glad it's Farmer's Market season! One of my favorite things to do in the summer is support my local farmers by purchasing the most delicious cantaloupe and seedless watermelon I've ever had. Bonus: they are healthy treats! I also like getting local honey, and it's a healthier sweetener than sugar (also honey is mentioned in the Bible so it has to healthy, right? lol).

It seems you have a decent diet. Be careful with the eggs. They can bind if you eat too many at one time. I just went through that. I was given 4 dozen, and that is all I had to eat for several days. Never again. I took remedies, then had the opposite problem. I lost 2 nights of sleep.

I must ask, where is your farmer's market? Pennsylvania has a bunch. Are you in Pennsylvania?
Back to top Go down
slybelvedere

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Virginia
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:22 am

slybelvedere wrote:
Virginia

Another agricultural State.
Back to top Go down
slybelvedere

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 5:29 pm

Yes, I am blessed to be surrounded by many farms and farmer's markets. There is also local grass fed/free range meat that can be bought, but it's pricey. I wish it wasn't, or I would buy the healthier meat without antibiotics/who knows whatever else they put in supermarket meats these days. I do sometimes get free eggs from a friend's free range chickens, though.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Sounds good sly.
Back to top Go down
slybelvedere

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:58 am

My friend's chickens recently all got eaten by a fox Sad Though I hear they may be getting more chickens.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Sorry to hear.
Back to top Go down
slybelvedere

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Thanks. This friend is very nice and they have also given me things from their garden. The most recent thing I got from them is a lemon balm plant, which is a nice plant to have as it is a mosquito repellent, plus it has the nice smell of lemons!
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
slybelvedere

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:04 pm

I myself have tomatoes growing right now, one is just starting to turn from green to red. It should be excellent on a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich!
Back to top Go down
slybelvedere

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 8:09 pm

A recent observance I had- Eating tons of sugar= sugar cravings. Eating real foods = low sugar cravings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Eat Healthier?   How to Eat Healthier? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Eat Healthier?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: WAY OF TRUTH Christian Forums :: General Christian Forum-
Jump to: