Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Followers of Jesus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Followers of Jesus Empty
PostSubject: Followers of Jesus   Followers of Jesus EmptyMon May 25, 2015 12:54 am

FOLLOWERS OF JESUS

"And he said unto all, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." Luke 9.23, ASV

Now this is what Christianity is all about. Following Jesus. That is the basis for any relationship. He is our leader, we are his followers. If we fall out of line, we must repent and get back in line. We must follow him all the way to the cross.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net
clark thompson

Followers of Jesus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Followers of Jesus   Followers of Jesus EmptyThu May 28, 2015 7:00 am

Amen, in today's world some of those who go to church try to please the world but Christians need to be concerned with pleasing the Lord and following His will and let Him take care of the world.
Back to top Go down
slybelvedere

Followers of Jesus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Followers of Jesus   Followers of Jesus EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 6:08 pm

I agree but I see too many people not following Jesus 100% and I don't think it's a being perfect thing as so many people would think like if you're not perfect you're not following Jesus, no the whole reason we need Jesus is because none of us are perfect but He died for our sins, so to me following Jesus 100% would be walking in His word to the best of our ability and growing to be more like Him and also viewing every aspect of life through the lens of Jesus. Just my opinion, though.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Followers of Jesus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Followers of Jesus   Followers of Jesus EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 10:45 am

clark thompson wrote:
Amen, in today's world some of those who go to church try to please the world but Christians need to be concerned with pleasing the Lord and following His will and let Him take care of the world.

slybelvedere wrote:
I agree but I see too many people not following Jesus 100% and I don't think it's a being perfect thing as so many people would think like if you're not perfect you're not following Jesus, no the whole reason we need Jesus is because none of us are perfect but He died for our sins, so to me following Jesus 100% would be walking in His word to the best of our ability and growing to be more like Him and also viewing every aspect of life through the lens of Jesus. Just my opinion, though.

You are both right. In order to please the LORD you must serve him. That means you must be a servant or slave, and he is our master. Sometimes you might here those words from a pulpit, but very few practice it.
Back to top Go down
slybelvedere

Followers of Jesus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Followers of Jesus   Followers of Jesus EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 12:47 pm

I've heard pastors talk like that but it was usually at a small church. It seems like the bigger the churches get, the bigger the egos seem to get too (although I'm sure there's large churches that preach this message as well).
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Followers of Jesus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Followers of Jesus   Followers of Jesus EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 4:51 pm

slybelvedere wrote:
I've heard pastors talk like that but it was usually at a small church. It seems like the bigger the churches get, the bigger the egos seem to get too (although I'm sure there's large churches that preach this message as well).

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Followers of Jesus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Followers of Jesus   Followers of Jesus Empty

Back to top Go down

Followers of Jesus
Page 1 of 1