Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Nation At War With God

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

A Nation At War With God Empty
PostA Nation At War With God

PART I

Psalm 33

The Sovereignty of the LORD in Creation and History

1 Rejoice in the LORD, O you righteous!
        For praise from the upright is beautiful.
2 Praise the LORD with the harp;
        Make melody to Him with an instrument of ten strings.
3 Sing to Him a new song;
        Play skillfully with a shout of joy.

4 For the word of the LORD is right,
        And all His work is done in truth.
5 He loves righteousness and justice;
        The earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.

6 By the word of the LORD the heavens were made,
        And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
7 He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap;
        He lays up the deep in storehouses.

8 Let all the earth fear the LORD;
        Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
9 For He spoke, and it was done;
        He commanded, and it stood fast.

10 The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing;
        He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect.
11 The counsel of the LORD stands forever,
        The plans of His heart to all generations.
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,
        The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.

13 The LORD looks from heaven;
        He sees all the sons of men.
14 From the place of His dwelling He looks
        On all the inhabitants of the earth;
15 He fashions their hearts individually;
        He considers all their works.

16 No king is saved by the multitude of an army;
        A mighty man is not delivered by great strength.
17 A horse is a vain hope for safety;
        Neither shall it deliver any by its great strength.

18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him,
        On those who hope in His mercy,
19 To deliver their soul from death,
        And to keep them alive in famine.

20 Our soul waits for the LORD;
        He is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
        Because we have trusted in His holy name.
22 Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us,
        Just as we hope in You.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+33&version=NKJV

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD
Killer tornadoes, and devastating straight winds.  The rolling Mississippi with destructive flooding in its wake.  And that's just the weather.  

Economic problems has our government at odds with itself, and people choosing sides in a conflict to see who continues to add on to our  economic woes.

And we are in conflicts in other places on the globe too.  Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya.  

All this in a country that claims to be "One Nation Under God."  And even though we make that claim, we have declared war on God.

How did we declare war on God?  

We can no longer read the Bible in public schools.  We can no longer pray in public schools.  We cannot even mention Jesus in our commencement speeches without being penalized.

We have lied to go to war against Iraq.

We have killed an enemy and we have been jubilant about it with dancing and chanting in the streets.

Our government has been a poor steward of the national coffers.  And to fix the problem, some want to take benefits away from the elderly who have paid into the Social Security system all their lives, and now pay a hefty premium for Medicare.

Whenever our government has economic woes it is the poor and needy who feel the brunt of their budget cuts.

We have allowed the murder of millions of unborn babies since 1973.

We have allowed homosexuality to become an accepted lifestyle.

False Christianity is practiced by many in this country.

The church is divided into many denominations in violation the Scriptural teaching of unity.

The church is full of idolatry.  With their celebrations of Christmas and Easter which are nothing but Catholicized paganism.

Americans are some of the most greedy.  Case in point, the NFL lockout, with both sides wanting more.

Look at our baseball players, Ryan Howard is being paid millions every year, and strikes out more than he hits home runs.  If that isn't greed, I don't know what is.  And he isn't the only greedy baseball player.

Greed doesn't end with those in sports.  You find it on Wall Street too.  I am sure you know all about that as we often hear about it on the news.

I look at all this and reason that we are a nation at war with God.  And trust me, if we don't end this war by repenting, we will lose this war.  God cannot be defeated.

When it comes to weather, the media calls it "mother nature."  But I know it is Father God.  

One thing that is common for most who describe the devastation from the severe weather outbreaks we have seen in this country this year, is that they say, "It looks like a war zone."  And it is.  Keep in mind,

GOD CONTROLS THE WEATHER

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

PART II

Why Is God Angry With America?

It's surprising that no one is asking that question.

Scripture is plain that the government is in the hand of God, that He appoints the governing authorities. Romans 13.

Doesn't it seem like we have a government that is punishing us? Why would God allow them to do that?

What about the extreme weather we've been having? There is plenty Scipture to show that God controls the weather. It sure seems to me that God is using the weather to punish us. But why?

Maybe you don't see the wickedness in America. But America has wickedness a plenty.

There is a way for this land to be healed. It's found in II Chronicles 7.14, which states, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

If only the people of God in America would repent of their evil way. But, instead of repenting, they make excuses for the evil ways that they do. Until the people of God in America repents, we will continue to go down the road to destruction. Nothing the government does will ever thwart the wrath of God.

Romans 1.18-32 states,
Quote :
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Is the wrath of God no longer revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men? Is God no longer concerned about those who supress the truth in unrighteousness? Is God no longer concerned about those who worship the creature rather than the Creator? Can we not look at creation and see the invisible attributes of God? Does God do nothing about those who exchange the truth of God for a lie, as many do today?

This is not addressing people of the world, but the people of God, just as He did many times to His Old Covenant people. This is addressing the holders of the truth, which are the people of God. You cannot suppress the truth if you don't have the truth. Likewise, you can not exchange the truth if you do not have the truth.

The Old Covenant may have to come to an end as is written in Hebrews, but that doesn't mean we can't learn from it. We need to heed what is written in II Chronicles 7.14, if we want our land to be healed.

When are the people of God in America going to start listening to Him?

It saddens me to see the people of God in America so messed up.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

PART III

Are These The Last Days?

No, not the Biblical last days.  The last days of the United States of America.

1. We have an insane government, and have had for some time.  They have spent this country into oblivion.  We are beyond broke.  We are more than $14,000,000,000,000 in debt, and we are spending $40,000 per second, according to reports I heard.  That's 2.4 million dollars per minute.  We simply can't afford that.  It's insane.  Economically, this country can't last to much longer.

2. We don't just have money problems.  We have moral problems.  The Governor of New York recently signed a same sex marriage bill into law.  At the end of July, the queers in New York will be able to get married to other queers.  And lesbians will be able to marry lesbians.  

3. America has been murdering unborn babies in the millions every year since 1973, which is 38 years.   We have been aborting the future.  Some of those aborted babies would today be a part of our economy.  They would have jobs, paying taxes, and paying into Social Security.  They would buying houses, cars, food, etc.  Today, our economy would be much better if those 60 million babies have been born.  About half of those aborted babies would 20-38 years old.  Some would be married, and having children of their own.  Some would just now be preparing for a family.  So, we didn't just remove them from the economy, but all their posterity as well.  So, we are aborting a huge part of our future.  

4. We are losing civility in our actions toward one another.  Greta Van Susterin reported that one Supreme Court Justice in Wisconsin put another Justice in a headlock, and called another a "total bitch."  

5. A young girl's Constitutional rights have been ripped to shreds in Florida in a sham of a trial where she could have received the death penalty.  

Folks, this country can't last like this.  This country is coming a part at the seams.  We are losing whatever goodness this country ever had.  In fifty years or less, this country will be no more, if we keep going the way we're going.

PART IV

More Proof That the United States is at War With God

The lynch mob atmosphere that surrounded the Casey Anthony Trial, in the media and in the masses show an anti-God mentality.  

When the media showed interviews with people near the Orange County Courthouse in Florida, I could see murderous fury in the faces of some of them.  It seems there is no one that cares about the Biblical standard of justice.  And the Biblical standard for the death penalty is that there would be at least two credible eyewitnesses.  

The Biblical standard of justice also includes truth.  The Ninth Commandment states that we are not to "bear false witness."   And in the Anthony case, there seems to have been several false witnesses.  There is no reason to believe that false witnesses do not appear in every courtroom in America.  

Jesus taught that we should not judge others for we will be judged by our Heavenly Father in the same way we judge others.  Many have falsely judged Casey Anthony guilty.  The media has whipped up this judgmental attitude among many in America.  What would Jesus say about these modern day scribes?  I believe He would call them hypocrites and warn them of the wrath to come.  I would not want to be in their shoes when the wrath of God visits them.  And I firmly believe it will, and soon.

The judgmental attitude of many in the Casey Anthony saga is further evidence that the United States is a nation at war with God.

PART V

A Message To America From Romans 1

Romans 1.18-32 in the New King James Version says:
Quote :
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
- thanks to BibleGateway.com

Same sex marriage has been in the news lately.  It's homosexuality, which according to the Bible, is an abomination.  It is sin and wickedness.  There is nothing good that can be said about same sex realationships, except to say that it is symptom of a greater problem.  

Our Bible text says that the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against who?  Against those who practice ungodliness and unrighteousness.  Those that suppress the truth in unrighteousness.  The text goes on to say that they are without excuse because God is clearly revealed in creation.

Sometimes I sit here and watch the squirrels outside my window. I see how meticulous they are as they get ready for the winter. And then to see their coat fluff up as it get's colder. I see the insects busy doing the things they do, like the bees polinating the plants. I see the trees come to life in the spring, and die in the fall as winter approaches, except the evergreens. And I am mindful of the fact that God created all of it.  By looking at creation you can know that God is. And whenever I have any doubts, I just look at creation.  Sometimes near sunset I go to a park and listen to the birds as they sing. There is no greater symphony than the sounds of God's creation.   Verse 20 of our text says, "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse."  So God has made himself evident in the the things that we see in creation.

Even though God has made Himself evident, the people being talked about in the text, eventhough they know by the things that are made, they ignore Him.  And, look at this.  Verse 23 of the text states that they, "changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things."  Verse 25 says, "who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever.  Amen."  This is called "idolatry."  So the greater problem is idolatry.  

What is the result of this idolatry?  Verses 26 & 27 states, "For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.  Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due."   The result of idolarty is God gave them up to "vile passions."  In other words, homosexuality.  And, according to verse 28, He "gave them over to a debased mind," to do all kinds of wickedness and sin, who doing such wickedness and sin, and those who give approval to those who practice such are deserving of death.  

Now, how is this a message to America?  Simple, America is an idolatrous nation.  The church in America is an idolatrous church.  America and the churches in America celebrate Christmas and Easter, which are idolatry.  You can read about Christmas here: https://wayoftruth.forumotion.com/t338-christmas-catholic-by-name-pagan-by-practice

And you can read about Easter here: https://wayoftruth.forumotion.com/general-discussion-of-religious-topics-f15/the-truth-about-easter-t29.htm

There are a list of sins toward the end of our text.  One is covetousness, another is envy, and another is pride.  Put them together and you get the worst case of greed imaginable.  Let me tell you, I do not want to be near a woman when she's inflicted with these three, and she looks in the mirror and sees her first gray hair.  The first thing she does is shriek, "AH - A GRAY HAIR!!!!"  Laughing  She falls into a depression,  Sad  and calls her employer and says she can't make it today, "I'm not feeling well."  Then she immediately runs out to the store to get a bottle of dye.  Then when her hair turns purple, she runs to a beauty parlor and pays a hundred dollars to get it fixed.  Then she goes home, curls up in a chair watching soap operas, and pouts the rest of the day.  Then her husband comes home not knowing what had happened that day, and says, "Honey, how was your day?"  I would not want to be that guy.  She screams, "YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!"  

Husbands, if that ever happens to you, get out of the house, get in your car, and just go.  Get a motel room for a couple days.  It might be safe to go home then.   Laughing

The problem with writing, and you not seeing me tell this story in public, is you don't hear the voice inflexion, and the humor in my voice.  I think you see the point though.

That is called vanity.  And men are getting just as vain these days.  Did you ever see that commercial where a good looking bottle blond comes to the door and asks for some milk?  The guy becomes Superman.  He jumps out the window, onto a truck or bus, gets to the store and picks up, "Just For Men," and a gallon of milk.  He gets rid of the gray hair, and comes to the door with the milk, all in 30 seconds.   Laughing

Americans are obsessed with appearance, and with the accumulation of things.  Guys have to have a new sports car to impress the ladies.  And she has to be Pamela Anderson, not Phylis Diller.   Laughing  Gals have to put tons of make-up on to atrract George Clooney.  Us homely guys don't have a chance.   Laughing  And when the guys find their Pamela Anderson, and the gals find their George Clooney, they get married and experience fire and brimstone on earth.   confused

But greed doesn't just show up in pursuit of that "perfect" relationship.  It shows up in American business practices too.  There's a company that has a profit of 4 billion dollars per year, and still find the need [or the greed] to raise their rates.  And, if you make a 4000 dollar loan to buy an old car, you wind up paying closer to 8000 dollars back because interest and other fees.  It's in sports too.  What baseball player is worth 10 million dollars per year?  For that amount of money, Ryan Howard should hit 20 home runs every week, and guarantee that he will never get hurt.  

Greed shows up in every aspect of American life, including religion.  Tell me why a church has to build a 27 million dollar building, complete with a volleyball/basketball court, and a swimming pool.  And look at all the books being sold in the name of religion.  And their are singers who get paid a lot of money to sing gospel music.  And the price of Bibles go from 20 - 120 dollars, and maybe more by now.  Then there's the sales of cruises and trips to Israel.  Religion in America has become a multi-billion dollar industry.  Jesus once cleared the money-changers out of the temple, and I think He should do it again.

I could go on and on about the wickedness and sin in America, but I believe I made my point.  How can we expect God to bless America with all this wickedness and sin in her?

What do you think?

PART VI

Unloving Americans Who Claim To Be Christians

The message of Jesus is one of love.  Jesus said, "Love your enemies, and be kind to those who spitefully use you."  It is also written in the Law of God, "Do not rejoice over the death of an enemy."  Yet, many Americans who claim to be Christians have rejoiced over the death of Saddam Hussein, Usama bin Laden, and now Moammar Ghaddafi.  That is not Christianity.  And I urge those who claim to be Christians that have joined in these celebrations of death to repent of this anti-Christian behavior.

In recent history, those who have had similar messages have been called "Marxists," and have been accused of preaching, "liberation theology."  Well, I guess it is a liberation theology.  It is a message from the Bible that promotes liberation from the evil political whims of the day.  And very few people in America understand this message.  I suspect, though, that Jeremiah Wright does.  In spite of the rhetoric of some conservative pundits, Jeremiah Wright was right, especially when said, "... God bless America, no-no-no, God damn America..."

There are many reasons for God to damn America, which has been what this series of articles is about.  While once, America has been very blessed by God, America is now facing the onslaught of the wrath of God.  

America is guilty of violating the Word of God in many ways.  And, I believe, there is evidence to support the idea that God has given America over to a debased mind.  Why else would America allow abortion, homosexuality, greed and idolatry within her borders, when once, these evil actions were far from the national conscience, but today are commonplace.

America is a highly sinful and wicked nation, whether it be the actions within its borders, or its actions outside of its borders.  America is a nation that does not even follow its own rules.  We have a Constitution that is not followed by the United States government.  America has gone to war without proper Constitutional authority.  We have used war to murder, and if the innocents get in the way, we kill them too, and call it "unintended collateral damage."  And we wonder why people in the rest of the world don't like us.  

Too those of us that are in tune with God, it is plainly obvious that we are not only a nation at war with other countries, we are a nation that has declared war on God.  We claim to be a Christian nation, yet our national behavior is so sinful and wicked, which is highly hypocritical.

Why don't we as a nation show the rest of the world the love of God, rather than murdering and pillaging them?  That's what a true Christian would do.  

We need to obey the Word of God, and obey the Constitution, and stop this National war against God.
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net
Share this post on: reddit

A Nation At War With God :: Comments

No Comment.

A Nation At War With God

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: Personal Blogs :: TomL's Blog-
Jump to: