Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Liar from the Father of Lies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

A Liar from the Father of Lies Empty
PostSubject: A Liar from the Father of Lies   A Liar from the Father of Lies EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:14 pm

I was scrolling in the on screen TV menu, and found "John Hagee Today" I decided to see what he was pontificating today. So I clicked on. What he said indicated to me that faith was more important that love. He said,
Quote :
Love will not save you. Love will not heal you. Love will not deliver you. Faith will. You can stand beside the bedside of your dying child in the hospital and love them to the bone, and watch your child die. Or you can put your hands on them and pray the prayer of faith, and the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise them up, and that child will be healed by the power of God. In the ministry of Jesus, he never said, if you have had more love, you could be healed. He said over and over again, they faith has made thee whole. According to your faith be it unto you. If you have the faith such as a mustard seed you can say unto this mountain be cast unto the sea.

Looks good. Even looks Biblical. Unfortunately, it's a lie from the pit of Hell. The fact is, without love there can be no faith. John 3.16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave us His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." In John 3.16, what comes first, love or faith? Our faith in Jesus Christ is based on the love of God.

The apostle Paul wrote to the congregation at Corinth in his first letter to them, "and though I have all faith as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." And later Paul wrote, "And now abide in faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love."

John Hagee's sermon that I saw today is a lie, and it comes from a liar from the father of lies.

study - study to show yourself approved...
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

A Liar from the Father of Lies
Page 1 of 1