Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seeking Fellowship

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Seeking Fellowship Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Fellowship   Seeking Fellowship EmptySun May 27, 2012 2:15 pm

I am seeking fellowship with fellow believers. To that end, I will share what I believe. If you match, I would like to hear from you.

I do believe in One God. I believe that Christ, and the Holy Spirit are manifestations of the One God.

I believe in One Body of Christ, erroneously called "church" in many translations. That the Greek word, ekklesia, which signifies a coming together of those who are the "called out" of God, and is better translated as gathering, meeting, assembly or congregation.

I believe that Christ is the sole head, authority over all things to His body. The body has no authority apart from the head. The body has no right to usurp authority not given by the head. To set up rules and regulations for fellow believers to follow without specific authority from Christ, or His Apostles is wrong.

I believe to mix the the birth, death and resurrection of Christ with paganism is idolatry. Those who do this will reap the wrath of God as is fitting for idolatrous people.

I believe that Christ came to fulfill the law and the prophets. That all law and all prophecy has been fulfilled by Christ. That no law and no prophecy remains unfulfilled by Christ.

I believe that the kingdom of Christ is totally, 100% spiritual. Christ has said that His Kingdom is not of this world. And it is written that no flesh shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. As such, physical rituals are no longer relevant, whether it be baptism in physical water, or the partaking in the sacrements of communion. All that matters is what is done in the Spirit.

I believe the rule for God's people is love. We shall love one another. We shall love our
enemies. We shall love our neighbors. We shall do unto others as we want others to do unto us.

I believe that while we should recognize that we are not perfect while we are in the flesh, we should always strive for perfection.

While these are by no means an exhaustive list of my beliefs, they are the foundation of all my beliefs. If you agree with them, I would like to hear from you.

Thank you, and God bless.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

Seeking Fellowship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: WAY OF TRUTH Christian Forums :: General Christian Forum-
Jump to: