Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Power That Works In Us

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

The Power That Works In Us Empty
PostSubject: The Power That Works In Us   The Power That Works In Us EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:35 am

‎"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."
- Ephesians 3.20-21

Some churches use these verses, among others, as a benediction.

The part of these verses, "is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that ask or think," has been on my mind lately. The power that God has is unfathomable. If I ask God to create, somewhere in this galaxy, a planet full of intelligent life, and have them send a star ship to come and pick me up, he not only could do that, he could create an entire federation of planets to invite our planet to join them. Some of them might have pointed ears and be completely logical. God can do that.

Whatever we can imagine, God can go beyond that. That is an awesome thought. And I understand the concept, not the limits, however.

But the next statement, I have a problem with. "... according to the power that works in us ..." Does that mean, while we are in the flesh that we are a conduit for the power of God? Does it mean that we have access to the unlimited power of God? If that is true, that too is an awesome thought.

However, there are limitations to what God will do for us when we ask, aren't there? Isn't it written that we don't have because we don't ask. And when we do ask, we ask with selfish motives. If we ask God for a spouse to satisfy our lust, he probably won't honor that prayer, unless he wants to teach us a lesson. But, if we ask for a spouse so we can better serve God, that is a prayer God just might honor. And when he does honor that prayer, does he use the "power that works in us" to accomplish the answer to our prayer?

What do you think about the statement, "... according to the power that works in us ..."?

study
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

The Power That Works In Us
Page 1 of 1