Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Newness in Christ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Newness in Christ Empty
PostSubject: Newness in Christ   Newness in Christ EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 pm

This is one preterist that does not see this mess of a world as the new earth. Newness comes from being in Christ and subjected to His covenant.

Are you in Christ? Are all things new for you?

I'm going to quote 2 Corinthians 5.16-19 from the New Century Version.
"From this time on we do not think of anyone as the world does. In the past we thought of Christ as the world thinks, but we no longer think of him in that way. If anyone belongs to Christ, there is a new creation. The old things have gone; everything is made new. All this is from God. Through Christ, God made peace between us and himself, and God gave us the work of telling everyone about the peace we can have with him. God was in Christ, making peace between the world and himself. In Christ, God did not hold the world guilty of its sins. And he gave us this message of peace."

The new creation comes from God through Christ. The reason you and others like you can't see this is because are are still looking at Christ the way the world does. You see all things from a physical perspective. But, God is a spirit, and Christ was made a life-giving spirit. Therefore, the new creation is a spiritual creation which happens in Christ.

If all things are not new for you through Christ, how can you claim to be in Christ? These are things I wonder about myself at times. I am still in the flesh, and often see things through the flesh, such as what happened to Jessica Ridgeway, and other children throughout the world. I see the mess that many talked about, and I understand what they are saying.  But when you take a pure Biblical view through the spirit of God and his Christ, it makes sense. The world we see in the flesh that is not in Christ is a real mess. The world not in Christ is the same old fallen world since Adam's first sin. That is the world many see, and because of what they see in the flesh they claim Christ did not accomplish all that he came to accomplish. But, he did. But, natural man does not receive the things of the spirit of God as Paul said in 1 Corinthians 2. 14. Until you yield to the spirit of God you will never understand these spiritual truths.

Evenso, still being in the flesh I see through a mirror darkly. But, one day, I will know as I am known. I am a hybrid Christian. When my flesh is in control, I see the world as so many do, a big mess. But, when I yield to the spiritual truths I see a different world. Unfortunately, there are very few that look at the world through the spirit of God through Christ, evidenced by all the lies that come from the world's pulpits. And many are a victim of all the lies coming from those pulpits. But I hope there is promise in many.

I will pray for the many that they will yield to the spirit of God and see the spiritual truths. study
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

Newness in Christ
Page 1 of 1