Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should Christians Care About Politics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Should Christians Care About Politics Empty
PostSubject: Should Christians Care About Politics   Should Christians Care About Politics EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:27 pm

My answer is, YES! Absolutely!

Why? Down through history, Christians, or who the world considered Christians, have always suffered the brunt of persecutions. Do you think Jews were all that were persecuted in Germany? German Christians were too. When it comes to the United States, the first group of people they will come for are Christians. That is just the way of the world. Those that have been a student of politics for long can see that we are in the last days of the United States. We already have a one world government in place, it's call the United Nations. Recent wars in the Middle East were because of the rogue Arab leaders that have no intent of buckling under the one world government. Iran is next. Eventhough they are far from having a nuclear bomb, we are being told they are very close to have one. And, so what. The United States has a thousand nuclear warheads. Even if Iran did have one, what threat would they be to anyone? And please, don't say we need to protect Israel.

There is no Israel. Today's Israel is a plant of the United Nations. That nation which is called "Israel" are not God's chosen people.  Preterists should understand that. But, the so called Christians have been duped into protecting what they think are God's chosen people. Therefore the Christians in America want our government to protect Israel from the Arab bullies.

What's next? The destruction of the individual national currencies, which is happening now. Our congress and President is spending and spending. Meanwhile, the Federal Reserve, which is a bank under the International Monetary Fund, keeps flooding the American market with phony money.

Just in my lifetime, gas per gallon went from 19 cents to between 4 and 5 dollars in recent years. Even now, it's approaching $4. I even remember a loaf of bread for 9 cents. The destruction of our economy has been happening for a hundred years. To explain that would take a lot of space, so we can discuss that in appropriate topics.

Christians should be concerned about politics.  We are effected by politics just as everyone else, and perhaps moreso.  

Even though the 1st Amendment prohibits Congress from passing laws about religion, they have done so, but well hidden in other bodies of law, such as in the tax code.  And there are those that are trying to keep the subject of homosexuality from being preached truthfully for America's pulpits.  To say that homosexuality is an abomination is considered "hate speech."  

So, yes.  Absolutely Christians should be concerned about politics.  However, if you are not, you will not be condemned.

Last edited by TomL on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

PostSubject: Re: Should Christians Care About Politics   Should Christians Care About Politics EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:27 pm

I have never understood politics and wasn't really interested because the fighting seemed very stressful to me. I am starting to learn a small bit and just recently realized that religion and politics are closely related. I have so much to learn and I am in my last years...
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: Should Christians Care About Politics   Should Christians Care About Politics EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:45 pm

WhiteDove wrote:
I have never understood politics and wasn't really interested because the fighting seemed very stressful to me.  I am starting to learn a small bit and just recently realized that religion and politics are closely related.  I have so much to learn and I am in my last years...

The more I learn, the more I realize I do not know much.
Back to top Go down
Treebird

PostSubject: Re: Should Christians Care About Politics   Should Christians Care About Politics EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:16 pm

I agree, Christians have let themselves buy into the politically correct mindset. They are also unaware of the infiltration into the churches by the communist agenda and those who wish to pervert God's word. I have learned a lot about such things over the years and am dismayed by the direction Christians have let America go in. God is surely judging America and yes, these are America's last days not the Second Coming everyone is saying it is. I have spoken out on that very thing but people do not understand it when I try to get them to see.
I also saw where you mentioned Preterist, are you a Preterist? If so you should check out the "Faith Of My Father" section on my website. He was a Preterist and he wrote some interesting papers on the subject. I am a Preterist my self.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: Should Christians Care About Politics   Should Christians Care About Politics EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 3:44 pm

Treebird.  First welcome to Way of Truth Forums.  

To answer your comment about a communist agenda, I have an article, Christian Economics  

I guess you can call me a Preterist.  But, I prefer being called a believer in the message of fulfillment, or believer in fulfilled prophecy.  It seems to me that some in the Preterist Movement have gone off the deep end, and are drowning in stupidity.  So, I don't prefer the term Preterist.

By the way, where is your website.
Back to top Go down
Treebird

PostSubject: Re: Should Christians Care About Politics   Should Christians Care About Politics EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:51 pm

My website is www.trevashouseofblog.com. I understand many people take pieces of truth and go down a bunny trail.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

PostSubject: Re: Should Christians Care About Politics   Should Christians Care About Politics EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:10 pm

Actually, Treebird, when going to that link it goes to an error page.  So, I took the period out at the end of "com" and found your blog.  So, the correct link is....  http://www.trevashouseofblog.com/

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Christians Care About Politics   Should Christians Care About Politics Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Christians Care About Politics
Page 1 of 1