Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hives

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Hives   Hives EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:05 am

I recently shared this with a friend of mine. I also decided to share it with you. You just might have a suggestion I might not have thought of.

Greetings,

As you know, I have been battling hives. There are ways to treat the symptoms, but knowing the cause would help.

I believe I told you that I was suspicious of the electric heat. But, I remember using electric heat a lot last year when the gas heater wasn't working.

I have continued my research, and I am convinced that they are being caused by my immune system, or stress.

You would think if it were stress related, I would have had hives all my life.

The immune system is involved, because last night, my skin was really hot to the touch, yet I was shivering. That means fever. If I had my thermometer, I would know. But, I had fevers before and never got hives.

However, I have concluded that the hives are either related to stress or the immune system, or the combination of the 2.

Yesterday, for a time, I felt something in my throat. My research has uncovered that hives can effect the throat, and could close up the breathing passages to keep one from breathing.

My conclusion. I believe the hives are stress related. At the same time, they seem to appear at the warmest areas of my body. So, body temperature may have something to do with it. There are many things that are stress related. Could be stress caused a weakening of my immune system allowing something that doesn't normally bother me to bother me. Either way, the root cause is stress.

Your prayers would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net
TomL
Admin
TomL

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Found the thermometer. I have a temp of 100.
Back to top Go down

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Oh, I am shocked Tom. I get this too (off and on for a couple years). Recently I was diagnosed with thyroid disease and I have started medication. A low dose to start but I go back on the 20th to have it increased. I am wondering if my thyroid problem has caused the hives because thyroid causes stress and depression and I think hives are caused from stress also. I will see how I feel when the doctor gets my medication up to the level it has to be for me to feel better.

I have a problem with my throat. It is sore off and on, on one side only. I can feel it is only one side when I swallow hard. I also am getting terrible shortness of breath. So scarey, I was feeling like I might die. Now I have hurt my knee, so I am a mess........ Embarassed 

I will pray for you Tom...........

Back to top Go down

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Oh Heavenly Father

Thank You for all that You do in our lives. Without You, we are nothing. I am so grateful for the many ways You bless me Lord.

It says in the Bible, by Your stripes we are healed. I believe that Father God.

Tonight, I lift up Tom to you Lord, You are the great physician and I pray that You will help him to understand his condition of Hives. Please give him the answers he needs to get to the bottom of this problem so he can seek treatment.

Tom is Your child and he loves You.......I know You love him too and I believe you will give him answers and I thank you right now for Your Goodness and Mercy. I pray in the name of your son, Jesus Christ......

Amen
Back to top Go down

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:45 am

I pray that you are both feeling better soon.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 11:20 am

WhiteDove, you are in my prayers also.

Thanks Nan.
Back to top Go down

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 8:44 am

You're Welcome.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 9:38 pm

I wanna go home.
Back to top Go down

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:34 am

Why do you want to go home Tom?
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 12:26 pm

I'm getting old, and I have no one to help me with anything around the house. I just went to the grocery store, and I had no one to help carry them in the apartment, and I have 10 steps.

Being alone is a miserable existence. See Ecclesiastes 4. 7-12. I can attest to the veracity of what is written there.

I am alone regarding religion. Some agree with my belief on fulfilled prophecy, then nothing else. Some agree with my belief about Christmas and Easter, but then nothing else. It's like that with many of my beliefs. There are very few that agree with me on many of my beliefs at the same time.

I'm alone, and it hurts.
Back to top Go down

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 1:19 pm

This may be too personal, but I must ask you. Do you have any family members that are nearby that can help you?
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 6:07 pm

My family hates me. I've been down since Friday the 28th of February. I asked my brother-in-law to help me with something. He said he would. But, because of the weather I decided to put it off till we get better weather. So I called, and Faye answered the phone, and she made it plain she didn't want Earl to help me.

I explained about some of the things I went through when I first moved in. They wanted me to vacuum my carpet everyday. I just couldn't do it. And as the unloving sister she is, she said, "why didn't you do it yourself."

She doesn't care that I have health problems and can't do a lot myself.

When I got off the phone, I cut all ties to her. Then I cried all night and into the morning till I fell asleep. My family has always been mean to me ever since I can remember.

I never had a loving family. That has been the desire of my heart ever since I was a little boy, and it never happened. And if it's not going to happen, then I want to go home.

This life is so hard especially when you have to go through it all alone.  Sad 
Back to top Go down

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:14 pm

I am sorry Tom. I feel your pain and pray that God will send someone to help you. You must not despair. Try to remember all that Job suffered. Even Paul was beaten and left for dead once, and suffered many things at the hand of his enemies. Are you diabetic?
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:03 pm

At least Job had a wife to tell him to "curse God and die." I don't even have that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hives   Hives Empty

Back to top Go down

Hives
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: MEMBERS AREA :: Prayer Requests-
Jump to: