Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Foundation of the World

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Foundation of the World Empty
PostSubject: Foundation of the World   Foundation of the World EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:09 am

FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD

"Studying the topic of the 'foundation of the world' provides the background to one of the main pre-existence texts, 'And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was'. The foundation of the world is the foundation of the nation of Israel under Moses, and this is shown by a careful consideration of all the texts where this expression occurs. The glory that the Son had with the Father before this world began was a glory that he had in type on Mount Moriah."
This is the conclusion of an article I found recently.  Here is the link...
http://www.christadelphia.org/foundation.htm

The reason I am sharing this with you is that this has been on my mind recently.  Although, it is my inner being that put it on my mind.  As a result, it is something that I have come to believe.  The phrase, "before the foundation of the world," does not refer to before creation, but before the nation of Israel God established through Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses.  I do believe I did share this thought in a few places.  But, in my case, it was only in the form of a thought that was not fully developed.  So, I am illequipped to explain it.  This articles does a masterful job at explaining it.  

Why do I believe this?  It's the only thing that makes.  Did God make a plan to redeem man before there was any sin in the world?  If he did, then he knew sin would happen.  But, there is no Scripture that I am aware of that God foreknew sin before creation.  If he did, then that would go a long way at supporting Calvinism, which I do not support.  And when I say "Calvinism," I am not referring to the hyper-Calvinism  of today, that teaches that God not only foreknew sin, he decreed it before creation.  That is such a bogus claim, totally unsupported by Scripture, and I am unaware that any of the Reformers taught this false doctrine.

To further understand the idea that "foundation of the world" refers to Old Covenant Israel, please the read the article at the link I provided.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net
slybelvedere

Foundation of the World Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation of the World   Foundation of the World EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:06 pm

I always thought it meant the beginning of the world and how God created it. It makes me wonder if, in the grand scheme of things, God is not as concerned about the United States and other countries as He is with Israel.
Back to top Go down

Foundation of the World
Page 1 of 1