Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Josh 6:5-15

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
clark thompson

Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 9:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Joshua 6:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram's horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him.

Joshua 6:5 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

5 And when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout: then shall the wall of the city fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up, every man straight before him.

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV) Geneva Bible, 1599 Edition. Published by Tolle Lege Press. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without written permission from the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations in articles, reviews, and broadcasts.

These are my thoughts.
He should be the reason sometimes we want to shout, out of joy.

Last edited by clark thompson on Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:41 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 5:06 am

Joshua 7:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 And Joshua rent his clothes, and fell to the earth upon his face before the ark of the LORD until the eventide, he and the elders of Israel, and put dust upon their heads.

Joshua 7:6 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

6 Then Joshua rent his clothes, and fell to the earth upon his face before the Ark of the Lord, until the eventide, he, and the Elders of Israel, and put dust upon their heads.

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV) Geneva Bible, 1599 Edition. Published by Tolle Lege Press. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without written permission from the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations in articles, reviews, and broadcasts.

These are my thoughts.
This is was a sign of mourning and reverence to the Lord, we should show reverence to the Lord even in our most grief stricken times.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Joshua 7:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And Joshua said, Alas, O LORD God, wherefore hast thou at all brought this people over Jordan, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us? would to God we had been content, and dwelt on the other side Jordan!

Joshua 7:7 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

7 And Joshua said, Alas, O Lord God, wherefore hast thou brought this people over Jordan, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, and to destroy us? would God we had been content to dwell on the other side Jordan.

These are my thoughts.
God does not lead us to a lose, the greatest victory, He won already for us on the cross.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Joshua 7:8
KJV 8 O LORD, what shall I say, when Israel turneth their backs before their enemies!
Geneva 8 Oh Lord, what shall I say, when Israel turne their backes before their enemies?

These are my thoughts.
We may not have anything to say but simply preach the gospel.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 5:09 am

Joshua 7:9
KJV 9 For the Canaanites and all the inhabitants of the land shall hear of it, and shall environ us round, and cut off our name from the earth: and what wilt thou do unto thy great name?
Geneva 9 For the Canaanites, and all the inhabitants of the land shall heare of it, and shall compasse vs, and destroy our name out of the earth: and what wilt thou doe vnto thy mightie Name?

These are my thoughts.
We may fear people because we are with the Lord but instead people need to fearful of doing evil against us when we are in His will.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 5:04 am

Joshua 7:10
KJV 10 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Get thee up; wherefore liest thou thus upon thy face?
Geneva 10 And the Lord said vnto Ioshua, Get thee vp: wherefore lyest thou thus vpon thy face?

These are my thoughts.
Thankfully God lets us get up so we can be used after we bow accepting Him as Lord.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 4:40 am

Joshua 7:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 Israel hath sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: for they have even taken of the accursed thing, and have also stolen, and dissembled also, and they have put it even among their own stuff.

Joshua 7:11 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

11 Israel hath sinned, and they have transgressed my covenant, which I commanded them: for they have even taken of the excommunicate thing, and have also stolen, and dissembled also, and have put it even with their own stuff.

These are my thoughts.
We need to make sure we don’t steal form the Lord, we should be willing to give Him everything, He gave us so much.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 5:03 am

Joshua 7:12
KJV 12 Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they were accursed: neither will I be with you any more, except ye destroy the accursed from among you.
Geneva 12 Therefore ye children of Israel cannot stand before their enemies, but haue turned their backes before their enemies, because they be execrable: neither will I bee with you any more, except ye destroy the excommunicate from among you.

These are my thoughts.
We have to remove certain people from our lives to keep following the Lord.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 5:35 am

Joshua 7:13
KJV 13 Up, sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow: for thus saith the LORD God of Israel, There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.
Geneva 13 Vp therefore, sanctifie the people, and say, Sanctifie your selues against to morowe: for thus saith the Lord God of Israel, There is an execrable thing among you, O Israel, therefore ye cannot stand against your enemies, vntill ye haue put the execrable thing from among you.

These are my thoughts.
We need to come to Christ was we can be made pure.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 9:01 pm

Joshua 7:14
KJV 14 In the morning therefore ye shall be brought according to your tribes: and it shall be, that the tribe which the LORD taketh shall come according to the families thereof; and the family which the LORD shall take shall come by households; and the household which the LORD shall take shall come man by man.
Geneva 14 In the morning therefore ye shall come according to your tribes, and the tribe which the Lord taketh, shall come according to the families: and the familie which the Lord shall take, shall come by the housholds: and the houshold which the Lord shall take, shall come man by man.

These are my thoughts.
God sees us in our groups but sees us as individuals as well. God was going to call out this man. Those without Jesus will be called out because of the sin they have.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 4:12 am

we have heavenly rewards but the greatest reward is the blessing of Him always being with us
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 4:17 am

Joshua 7:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And it shall be, that he that is taken with the accursed thing shall be burnt with fire, he and all that he hath: because he hath transgressed the covenant of the LORD, and because he hath wrought folly in Israel.

Joshua 7:15 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
15 And he that is taken with the excommunicate thing, shall be burnt with fire, he, and all that he hath, because he hath transgressed the covenant of the Lord, and because he hath wrought folly in Israel.

These are my thoughts.
Sin has results the worse is facing the fire of hell but thru grace we can find forgiveness thru Jesus.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 4:45 am

Joshua 7:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 So Joshua rose up early in the morning, and brought Israel by their tribes; and the tribe of Judah was taken:

Joshua 7:16 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

16 ¶ So Joshua rose up early in the morning, and brought Israel by their tribes: and the tribe of Judah was taken.

These are my thoughts.
Joshua rose up early to do it, often times we want to delay or put off the hard things to do but Joshua took care of it first thing in the morning, let us have this same attitude about doing what God wants of us.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Joshua 7:18
KJV 18 And he brought his household man by man; and Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, was taken.
Geneva 18 And he brought his houshold, man by man, and Achan ye sonne of Carmi, the sonne of Zabdi, the sonne of Zerah of the tribe of Iudah was take.

These are my thoughts.
Sin cant hide behind whose family we are apart of, we need a personal walk with the Lord.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 4:03 am

Joshua 7:19
KJV 19 And Joshua said unto Achan, My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession unto him; and tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me.
Geneva 19 Then Ioshua said vnto Achan, My sonne, I beseech thee, giue glory to the Lord God of Israel, and make confession vnto him, and shewe me now what thou hast done: hide it not from me.

These are my thoughts.
We need to confess to the Lord and repent but also confess to each other so they can help us.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 4:43 am

Joshua 7:20
KJV 20 And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done:
Geneva 20 And Achan answered Ioshua, and saide, In deede, I haue sinned against the Lord God of Israel, and thus, and thus haue I done.

These are my thoughts.
We should confess our sins but he waited till it was to late.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 9:36 pm

Joshua 7:22
KJV 22 So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran unto the tent; and, behold, it was hid in his tent, and the silver under it.
Geneva 22 Then Ioshua sent messengers, which ran vnto the tent, and beholde, it was hid in his tent, and the siluer vnder it.

These are my thoughts.
We cant hide things from God and we should never put anything before Him because this was his ruin and it could be ours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh 6:5-15   Josh 6:5-15 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Josh 6:5-15
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way of Truth Forums  :: WAY OF TRUTH Christian Forums :: Bible Verses-
Jump to: