Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Spiritual Kingdom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL

The Spiritual Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: The Spiritual Kingdom   The Spiritual Kingdom EmptyWed May 05, 2010 8:16 am

I have always believed, even before coming to the knowledge of fulfilled prophecy, that the kingdom of Christ, after his return, would be totally spiritual.

According to John 3.3, if one is not born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Being born from above is a spiritual birth. So, unless you are born spiritually you cannot see the kingdom, because only those spiritually born can see a spiritual kingdom.

According to John 3.5, unless one is born of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God, because the kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom.

In John 18.36, Jesus said that His kingdom is not of this world.

Romans 14.17 states, "For the kingdom of God is not food and drink, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."

I Corinthians 15.50 states, "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption."

II Peter 2.11 tells us that the kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is an everlasting kingdom.

These Scriptures tell us that the kingdom of God and Christ is an everlasting spiritual kingdom. Since the coming of Christ, who came in His kingdom, it is the only kingdom of God. The physical kingdom has been destroyed. So, the only kingdom God has is the everlasting spiritual kingdom.

As I consider the ramifications of the fact that the kingdom we are in, if we are born of the Spirit, is the everlasting spiritual kingdom of Christ, I am awed by the concept.

Totally, 100%, spiritual kingdom, that flesh and blood cannot inherit, tells me there are no physical doors that flesh and blood can enter there in. There are no physical rituals of water baptism, feet washing, love feast where people eat rice soup, etc., that have any place in this totally, 100%, spiritual kingdom. It doesn't matter how much we do these physical rituals. None of them qualify us to inherit the spiritual kingdom of God. We must be born of the Spirit of God.

Those of us who believe in fulfilled prophecy need to take seriously the ramifications of our belief. There are those that hang on to the wilderness journey instead of fully appreciating the promised land. We are in the promised land, we do not need to continually go through the Red Sea.

sunny
Back to top Go down

The Spiritual Kingdom
Page 1 of 1