Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OUR SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

OUR SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL Empty
PostOUR SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL

PART I

If Americans Knew

If you were to google "Israel Kills Christians," what do you think you will find? An empty page? Unfortunatley no.

Quote :
BREAKING NEWS: Israel Strike Near Gaza Church Kills Dozens.....

Friday, January 2, 2009 (9:35 am)
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent BosNewsLife with BosNewsLife sources and reporting from the Gaza Strip and Jerusalem

GAZA CITY/JERUSALEM (BosNewsLife)-- Christians in the Gaza Strip have mourned dozens of people who were killed when an Israeli air strike damaged a Baptist church while hitting a nearby police station, as part of Israel's military campaign against the Islamic militant group Hamas, BosNewsLife established Friday, January 2.

News of the attack emerged as Hamas vowed revenge for an Israeli strike Thursday, January 1, that killed cleric Nizar Rayyan, the first senior leader of the group to die in the offensive. Israel's seven-day offensive against Hamas killed nearly 420 Palestinians and wounded about 2,000 others, according to Palestinian sources.

The bombing near Gaza Baptist Church happened just before the Christian minority ushered in the New Year and underscored international concern that Christians in the Gaza Strip are in the crossfire between Israeli and Islamic attacks, BosNewsLife learned Friday, January 2.

Witnesses said the church was located right across the street from a police station which was targeted by Israelis. The church was nearly destroyed with windows blown and other damage reported. Israel's government said it has been trying to avoid civilian casualties in one of the world's most densely populated areas, but vowed to continue to target Hamas because it launches rockets deep into Israel.  

http://www.bosnewslife.com/4850-breaking....rns-retaliation

Did you know it is illegal in Israel for Christian missionaries to openly proselytize Jews.

Quote :
On Dec. 29, 1977, Christians in Israel and the occupied territories protested a new law passed by the Israeli parliament making it illegal for missionaries to proselytize Jews. Protestant churches charged that the law had been “hastily pushed through parliament during the Christmas period when Christians were busily engaged in preparing for and celebrating their major festival.” The law made missionaries liable to five years’ imprisonment for attempting to persuade people to change their religion, and three years’ imprisonment for any Jew who converted. The United Christian Council complained that the law could be “misused in restricting religious freedom in Israel.”

Nonetheless, it came into force on April 1, 1978, prohibiting the offering of “material inducement” for a person to change his religion. A material inducement could be something as minor as the giving of a Bible. Although the Likud government of Menachem Begin assured the Christian community that the law applied equally to all religions and did not specifically mention Christians, the United Christian Council of Israel charged that it was biased and aimed specifically at Christians since only Christians openly proselytized. Council representatives also cited anti-Christian speeches made in the parliament during debate on the law. Parliament member Binyamin Halevy had called missionaries “a cancer in the body of the nation.”  

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/history/rel-christians.html

Someone tell me why American Christians support these people. They kill Christians, they prohibit Christians from converting Jews to Christ. And the gullible Christians in America think they are just great. The Gaza Baptist Church was just probably collateral damage. The timing of that attack is just a bit suspicious. The attack occurred when the church was full of people. Is it coincidental that the Pastor of the Gaza Baptist Church was here in America before this attack telling people what it is really like for Christians in Israel. I met this Pastor personally at a local church.

So, tell me, why do American Christians support Israel?

HOW MUCH DO AMERICANS SUPPORT ISRAEL?

Quote :
Israel is the largest recipient of US. aid in the entire world. It receives more aid than that given to all the countries of sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, put together.

Israel receives about $7 million dollars per day from the United States, and there is evidence that the total cost to American taxpayers is closer to $15 million a day. Yet this information is almost never printed in American newspapers. Coverage of the Middle East in general, and of Israel in particular, virtually never reports this enormous American connection with this region.

Empowered by American money, Israel is occupying land that does not belong to it, is breaking numerous international laws and conventions of which it is a signatory, and is promulgating policies of brutality that have been condemned by the United Nations, the European Union, the National Council of Churches, Amnesty International, the International Red Cross, and numerous other international bodies. This truth is also rarely reported.

Through the money and weaponry provided by the United States, Israel is imposing an ethnically discriminatory nation on land that was previously multicultural. There is ethnic and religious discrimination inherent in its national identity, and a doctrine of the supremacy of one group over all others permeates its political, financial, and military policies. This also is virtually never reported.

There are a variety of organizations and individuals in Israel who are protesting their government's policies, and who are working strenuously and courageously on behalf of human rights and justice. It is their intent to create a just and fair nation with equal rights for all its citizens. They are refusing to serve in the military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza, and are actively trying to prevent Palestinian homes from being bulldozed. These actions are also not covered in the American media.

American support of the Israeli government is against our national interest on every level: It places us at war with populations whose desperate plight we are helping to create, and who, quite correctly, place the responsibility for their sufferings on us. It makes us an accomplice to war crimes and an accessory to oppression. This also is not reported.

In analyzing the American media, we are increasingly discovering a cover-up of appalling proportions. Israel is being protected, the news about Palestinians in particular and Arabs in general is being distorted, and the American public is being manipulated.

We believe strongly that if Americans knew the truth about Israel and Palestine -- about the massive amount of our tax money that is being given away to Israel, and about the human costs of Israel's American-financed militarism -- they would demand an immediate re-thinking of our policies in this region.

It is the goal of If Americans Knew to inform the American public accurately about this area. Most of all, it is to inform Americans about our enormous, and too often invisible, personal connection to it.

Americans, through our blank check to Israel, are empowering the worst elements of Israeli society, and undermining those working for a just, peaceful, and nondiscriminatory nation.

We are driving the violence in this region.
We can stop it.

Please help!

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/about_us/

After reading this, it seems to me that support for Israel is too costly. 7 million dollars a day, is 2.555 billion dollars every year. We just can't afford that. We need to think about our own country first, take care of the needs in this country before we send that kind of money to another country.

But, after reading all this, I have to wonder, why do we support Israel at all? They seem to be just as terroristic and murderous as radical Islam.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

PART II

Who Is Present-Day Israel

If you listen to "Christian" leaders today, like David Jeremiah, you will probably come away thinking Israel is God's chosen people, because that is what is being taught.

They will probably tell you about Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). They will probably tell that God gave the law, through Moses to Israel, that the prophets were through Israel. They will say how God gave us His Word through Israel, and how God also gave us a savior through Israel. They will say that through this we have been blessed by the people of Israel, by the Jews. And that would be a lie. We have not been blessed by the Jews. We have been blessed by God through Christ. Israel was a chosen people for only one purpose, which was to send Christ into the world, that through Him, not the Jews, the world might be blessed.

To declare that the Jews are God's chosen people would be to ignore the cross of Christ, and what was accomplished at the cross. At the cross, the purpose for Israel was fulfilled. At the cross, the effectiveness of the Old Covenant had come to an end, and a New and better Covenant came in force. And, because the Israel established through Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses, became a stiff-necked, rebellious and wicked people, God destroyed them at the hands of the Roman soldiers. And when the temple was destroyed in AD70, that severed the relationship between God and the nation of Israel forever.

Through Christ, there is a new Israel, a spiritual Israel, with whom Christ is the eternal King. And the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. The relationship between Christ and spiritual Israel will never be destroyed.

But the Israel that David Jeremiah preached about this past Sunday (11-13-11) on the Daystar Network, is, as the younger folks say today, history.

David Jeremiah said, "people that stand in the way of Israel's prosperity will find themselves standing in the direct path for God's purposes for Israel." Well, I will gladly stand in the way of Israel's prosperity is I could, because present-day Israel is an impostor nation. They are not the Israel established by God. Present-day Israel was established by the United Nations. And, I have never read anything in Scripture that comes close to indicating that the nation of Israel would be re-established by the political will of the world by an organization formed by that political will of the world called the United Nations.

David Jeremiah said, this is what has to happen before Israel ceases to be a nation, then he read Jeremiah 31.35-37.

David Jeremiah's interpretation of this passage in Jeremiah is faulty. Here's why. The word "seed" It's singular. It is the same word used in Genesis 22.18. And the Apostle Paul explained this is Galatians 3.16, where it is written, "And to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, 'And to seeds,' as of many, but as of one, 'And to your Seed,' who is Christ."

The message is clear in Jeremiah 31.35-37. God was telling Jeremiah that kingdom of the "seed" which is Christ, will never end. And that is stated several places in scripture. And that is just the truth.

As I mentioned before, Israel that was established by God through Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses came to an end in AD70. But who is present-day Israel? They are obviously an impostor nation. Where they come from, I'm sure only God knows for sure. But there are quite a few theories as where they come from. But one thing is for certain, they were not established by God.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net
Share this post on: reddit

OUR SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL :: Comments

Re: OUR SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL
Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:07 am by Edward Palamar
What David Jeremiah references as a valid statement concerning Israel is from
John 4:19-26
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

19The woman saith to him: Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
20Our fathers adored on this mountain, and you say, that at Jerusalem is the place where men must adore.

21Jesus saith to her: Woman, believe me, that the hour cometh, when you shall neither on this mountain, not in Jerusalem, adore the Father.

22You adore that which you know not: we adore that which we know; for salvation is of the Jews.

23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true adorers shall adore the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeketh such to adore him.

24God is a spirit; and they that adore him, must adore him in spirit and in truth.

25The woman saith to him: I know that the Messias cometh (who is called Christ); therefore, when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26Jesus saith to her: I am he, who am speaking with thee.

St. Paul writes, as have other Theologians, that disobedience is by far the worst of human error, especially in regard to authority. That the current Israel has come about through civil and/or religious leadership may indeed be of personal interest to all alive today, it remains that God, Who is the cause of all things, should not be ruled out because He has fallen asleep, oblivious to this condition of current events, as "He neither sleeps nor slumbers." And "The Son of Man has no where to rest His head." Our very Savior and Judge has suffered in torments unto death the iniquity of the world, and reminds us of this so that when the world hates us, we, too, may remain steadfast in hope.

No one people has ever been so savagely targeted than those of Israel, and Christ even affirms that Israel, even in the light of discipleship, would be hated by all on account of Him. So for David Jeremiah to seek to enlist others to be the hated, rather than the haters, is a blessing which he shares in the wisdom of his understanding.

When I read of this strife laden topic, I like to point out that Christ could have chosen any tribe, tongue, nation, people and/or race to come into the world. Like Jack Nicholson's speech in "A Few Good Men" concerning "the manner in which I choose to do it", so must we take God's side in His choice, for "if God be for us, who can be against us". The amazing thing about the revelation of Christ is that we see He is in us, and of His presence we read, "Greater is He Who is in you, than he who is in the world."

Christ has affirmed that these are the days of vengeance, where everything written must be fulfilled. And "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord." Given that Christ has taught that He separates the sheep and goats, it is logical to interpret that the days of vengeance shall never cease - but remember that man's wisdom, as oft shown in this article, is folly to God.

My private revelation includes the Father revealing the day and the hour, yet at that time, it was not even known to me, as Christ also confirms in the Gospels.

Praise be to the Risen Christ Who is the King of All Nations!

TomL
Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:38 pm by TomL
Edward Palamar wrote:
it remains that God, Who is the cause of all things,

Edward, I first want to address this statement. If God is the cause of all things, is He the cause of all sin as well? He stated that homosexuality, for example, is an abomination to Him. Would he then cause the very thing that He called an abomination?
Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:00 pm by Edward Palamar
God causing man to have a free will is primary from God, but the decision for man to commit an abomination is primary from man.
TomL
Post Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:36 am by TomL
Edward Palamar wrote:
God causing man to have a free will is primary from God, but the decision for man to commit an abomination is primary from man.

How does God cause man to have a free will?
Post Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:04 am by Edward Palamar
We have been created with an intellect and the ability to choose, this is the essence of being predestined in Christ, being a creature specifically made in God's image.

It is miraculous.

That is what separates man from the other brute beasts :

Divine Institutes, Book VI (Of True Worship) :

Chapter 20. Of the Senses, and Their Pleasures in the Brutes and in Man; And of Pleasures of the Eyes, and Spectacles :

"Therefore, with regard to this precept of God, there ought to be no exception at all; but that it is always unlawful to put to death a man, whom God willed to be a sacred animal."

Lactantius, Lucius Cæcilius Firmianus - Fourth-century Christian apologist
Post  by Sponsored content

OUR SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL

Page 1 of 1