Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Samaritan Woman, Jesus the Prophet and the Messiah!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
spring

The Samaritan Woman, Jesus the Prophet and the Messiah! Empty
PostSubject: The Samaritan Woman, Jesus the Prophet and the Messiah!   The Samaritan Woman, Jesus the Prophet and the Messiah! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:02 pm

Before I start my topic today I would like to greet everyone a blessed day and Happy New to everyone. Razz
John 4:16-19 " 16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet."
Jesus uses several of strategies in His approach.
Jesus different Approaches:
1. John 4:10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
In human prospective the woman would wonder where that water will be because the well was very deep and she said there was no water to draw with .
2.John 4:13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
The woman is becoming curious now she wants this living water.
3. John 4:16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”...she denied not having husband. But Jesus told her that she has 5 husbands and the one she is living w/ not her husband.
What kind of a woman is she? She is always finding love but failed and she does not have commitment in the last man she was living with. Why? she was afraid to fail again...Jesus knew about this woman was that love and lust could never satisfy the real need in her soul Mad This woman was in love in falling in love.
Jesus offered Spiritual water where she will never thirst again...a spring of water to quench her thirst!
The Samaritan woman lied about her relationship. Jesus has to establish and convinced her that Jesus knew what was going on in her life.
She has to know and should be aware of her sins.
Jesus was not condemning her but to help her face the real problem in her life.
The bible teaches us there are two steps to salvation: REPENTANCE and BELIEF...REPENTANCE is a human decision BELIEF in the salvation which followa require divine intervention. Until we admit our need, there is no way of releasing the power of God to save our souls. Jesus knew this woman had to come to the place of repentance, so He proceeded to deal with her sinful life.
At the end the Samaritan woman believed that Jesus was the MESSIAH...John 4:20-26....THis is an impt. verse because Jesus was plainly and definitely claiming the MESSIAH! king
Back to top Go down

The Samaritan Woman, Jesus the Prophet and the Messiah!
Page 1 of 1