Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If My People

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

If My People Empty
PostSubject: If My People   If My People EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:49 pm

IF MY PEOPLE

For those who do not know, and even for those who do know, I am a contemplative person.  For you college educated people, that means I think a lot.  

For sometime I have been contemplating how to save the United States of America.  I think that most will agree, the United States is on a collision course with destiny.  The question is, what is our destiny?  

I am not a prophet that can foretell our future, but I can look at the signs of the path we are on, and can extrapolate that if we keep on the current path we are on, the most likely scenario is that the United States as we know it, and have been taught about, will come to an end.  

Considering that possibility, I have been busily trying to find a political solution to our problems that will keep America from her own end.   In recent days, I have come to an impasse in my contemplation, and maybe it is Jehovah God that has caused that impasse.  I do talk to him a lot, which is where I get my best ideas.  But, in my prayer time recently, I have been getting the impression that even if I were to find a political solution, and if it was to be enacted, it would not work.   It's because our problems are not political, but religious.  

Some of us like to throw out the phrase, "One Nation Under God," hoping that will make a change.  But, how can it if people don't believe in God?   How can we ever have one nation under God in America if we don't even have one church under God?    And I coming to a place in my thinking where I am thinking that is America's problem.  America is messed up because the church in America is messed up.   And, maybe I should be spending my time trying to convince the church that if they really want save America, the church has to heed what the Bible says in 2nd Chronicles 7.14, which is, "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land."  NKJV.

In the Old Testament we can read of times when Israel became so wicked, God would raise up armies in other nations or kingdoms, to conquer Israel, to purify the land of their wickedness.  And when it was accomplished, Jehovah would send a deliverer to conquer the kingdom He sent to punish Israel.  In consideration of this, I began to contemplate the question, what if Jehovah has caused evil people to take over our government to send a message to the church, the same message He sent to Israel in 2nd Chronicles 7.14?   If that is what He has done, then it started as far back as 1860, and maybe before.  

What are those wicked ways that the church in America must to turn away from if God is to heal our land?  For starters, the church in America is not one church under God.  There are many denominations and various independent groups all doing their own thing regardless of what Scripture teaches.   But Scripture condemns this type of division.  There is only one true and living God, and He has only one Christ, and there is only one Holy Spirit that conveyed all truth to the apostles, who has written that truth for all to see and learn from.  Since those times, the church has been dissected by various men who had their own private interpretation of Scripture, that led people to have to choose whom they are going to believe.  There is not only one voice in the church, but many.  But there is only one voice we should listen to, and that is the voice of Christ.  We are told in Hebrews 1.1 & 2, since those last days, Jehovah God spoke through Christ.   Can there be much doubt that Christ spoke under the authority of His Father?  And Scripture teaches that the Apostles spoke and wrote under the authority of Christ.  And we have translations of their writings in the New Testament.  So, who should we listen to?   To save America, the church must become one church under God.

There is a problem in the American church that is very apparent at this time of the year (December).  Eventhough there is so much evidence that Christmas is nothing but a pagan festival that has been given the name "Christmas," the church in America wholeheartedly takes part in this paganism.  They even fight to keep Christ in a holiday that He Himself never put Himself in.  

If God is indeed judging the church in America, I believe he has been doing so since at least 1860, and perhaps longer.  "Christmas was proclaimed a federal holiday by an executive order that was signed into law by President Ulysses S. Grant, June 26, 1870."  (quoted from Chuck Morse, from an article called "History of Christmas in America," he posted December 16, 2011 at freerepublic.com)   But the church in America has been celebrating this paganism for some time before that.

Chuck Morse also wrote in his article, "In colonial times Christmas was frowned upon in New England and observed mostly as a private feast in mid-Atlantic and Southern colonies. The strait-laced New England Puritans, partially motivated by anti-Catholic sentiment, banned Christmas in 1659 under the guise that the holiday was pagan and that it encouraged decadence."   I think most of us can see the decadence at Christmas time.  

Christmas is another of the wicked ways that the church in America must turn away from if we are going to save America.

Jesus taught that the church should give to the poor.  See Matthew 25.31-46.  If the church in America would be one church, and stopped spending money on Christmas, think of how much more we could help the poor.  

And there are a host of doctrinal issues, which is the reason for division in the church to begin with.  We have different views on various subjects.  A big one I think is prophecy.  Somehow it would be nice if we could be one church, and jettison the paganism, then perhaps we could come together and calmly discuss our doctrinal differences with the Bible as our guide.  

Think of the benefits in America if the church in America would be one church, together serving our one God, and our one Lord Jesus Christ.   So, for remainder of my time on earth, I will be working toward the goal of uniting all Christians in America into one church.  I still might seek some political solutions as well, but my primary focus will be getting the church in America to humble itself, to pray, to seek the face of Jehovah, and to turn from its wicked ways, so Jehovah will forgive our sin, and heal America.

Last edited by TomL on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net
TomL
Admin
TomL

If My People Empty
PostSubject: Re: If My People   If My People EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Proof that American Christianity is sick. Rick Warren says that homosexuals go to heaven. NO THEY DON'T! I would like anyone who believes that to show it in Scripture. Here's the link...
http://christiannews.net/2012/11/29/rick-warren-uncertain-if-homosexual-behavior-is-sinful-says-gays-go-to-heaven/
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net
slybelvedere

If My People Empty
PostSubject: Re: If My People   If My People EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Some really interesting thoughts here.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

If My People Empty
PostSubject: Re: If My People   If My People EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:13 am