Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Church of God

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Church of God   Church of God EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Some of my friends will be joining too! Tom told me that we would not get banned from here. Like we have on all the other FAKE Christian forums! For preaching the TRUTH!
Back to top Go down

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:49 pm

If you get into a debate with any moderator on a Christian forum and get the best of them by proving their doctrine and beliefs have flaws and lies in them...They will make up something or find something to get rid of you!
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:43 am

Welcome Zechariah. There are no moderators here. Just me. I have very few rules, that I think are easy to follow. As long as you follow them, there should be no problem.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Truth?
Back to top Go down

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:32 pm

NanHancock wrote:
Truth?

Yes ...the Truth!
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:37 pm

The problem is, even though there is only one truth, we all have different ideas what it is.
Back to top Go down

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:00 am

You are absolutely right Tom. So how does one determine who is speaking truth? And what interpretation of "truth" is correct?
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:16 pm

People don't believe when I say I simply accept what is written. For example, Genesis 1 is the account of creation. I accept that, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." I simply accept that statement. But, there are people that has to do so much study on that one statement that they actually change what the statement says. I don't do that. I don't think it's proper. The truth is what is written.

The rest of Genesis 1 tells how God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days. I simply accept that. Some people, because they can't understand how creation could only take only 6 days. They mix in 2 Peter 3.10. Then it becomes more believable. It took 6000 years to create the heavens and the earth, not 6 periods of 24 hours known as a day.

I hope you understand what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:34 am

TomL wrote:
The problem is, even though there is only one truth, we all have different ideas what it is.
That is not a problem, to me. How is that a problem to you?
Back to top Go down

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:34 am

NanHancock wrote:
You are absolutely right Tom. So how does one determine who is speaking truth? And what interpretation of "truth" is correct?
Tom does not know!
Back to top Go down

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:35 am

TomL wrote:
People don't believe when I say I simply accept what is written.  For example, Genesis 1 is the account of creation.  I accept that, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."  I simply accept that statement.  But, there are people that has to do so much study on that one statement that they actually change what the statement says.  I don't do that.  I don't think it's proper.  The truth is what is written.  

The rest of Genesis 1 tells how God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days.  I simply accept that.  Some people, because they can't understand how creation could only take only 6 days.  They mix in 2 Peter 3.10.  Then it becomes more believable.  It took 6000 years to create the heavens and the earth, not 6 periods of 24 hours known as a day.  

I even understand what you are not saying!
Back to top Go down

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:47 am

Do you Zechariah, proclaim to "know the truth?" If so, what say you?
Back to top Go down

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 4:59 pm

NanHancock wrote:
Do you Zechariah, proclaim to "know the truth?" If so, what say you?

To know the truth you have to have the Spirit of truth!
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:29 am

Zechariah Smyth, I have several comments to respond to.

1. I said, "The problem is, even though there is only one truth, we all have different ideas what it is."  You said, "That is not a problem, to me. How is that a problem to you?"

How is it not a problem that we have different ideas what the truth is?  Wouldn't that mean you can't trust any one person to know the whole truth?

NanHancock wrote, "You are absolutely right Tom. So how does one determine who is speaking truth? And what interpretation of "truth" is correct?"  You replied, "Tom does not know!"

I do not know what?

I wrote, "People don't believe when I say I simply accept what is written.  For example, Genesis 1 is the account of creation.  I accept that, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."  I simply accept that statement.  But, there are people that has to do so much study on that one statement that they actually change what the statement says.  I don't do that.  I don't think it's proper.  The truth is what is written.  

The rest of Genesis 1 tells how God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days.  I simply accept that.  Some people, because they can't understand how creation could only take only 6 days.  They mix in 2 Peter 3.10.  Then it becomes more believable.  It took 6000 years to create the heavens and the earth, not 6 periods of 24 hours known as a day.  

Then you replied, "I even understand what you are not saying!"

How can you understand what I am not saying if I haven't said it?

Then, whether or not you have the Spirit of truth remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:37 am

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Therefore, truth is Jesus, and to know truth is to know Jesus. The "problem" lies in knowing Jesus. Who is Jesus? The Word of God as proclaimed in Scripture? or is he one yet to fulfill all that was written of him? Christianity took a wrong turn somewhere, and many, many people are deceived into believing things based on falsehoods made up by men's imagination. If, say for the first half of my life I was led to believe something based on the information I had, then I, upon receiving further information, came to believe something totally different, who is to say that I will not learn something else that will totally change my current views? I do not see any cure for this worlds ailments, nor do I see any way that we will all come together with the same mind, unless, it is the mind of Christ. And too many claim to have that.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin
TomL

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 3:51 pm

NanHancock wrote:
Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Therefore, truth is Jesus, and to know truth is to know Jesus. The "problem" lies in knowing Jesus. Who is Jesus? The Word of God as proclaimed in Scripture? or is he one yet to fulfill all that was written of him? Christianity took a wrong turn somewhere, and many, many people are deceived into believing things based on falsehoods made up by men's imagination. If, say for the first half of my life I was led to believe something based on the information I had, then I, upon receiving further information, came to believe something totally different, who is to say that I will not learn something else that will totally change my current views?  I do not see any cure for this worlds ailments, nor do I see any way that we will all come together with the same mind, unless, it is the mind of Christ. And too many claim to have that.

I wish this site allows for a like button. Great post, Nannette. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Church of God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of God   Church of God Empty

Back to top Go down

Church of God
Page 1 of 1