Way of Truth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back To The Bible

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin
TomL

Back To The Bible Empty
PostSubject: Back To The Bible   Back To The Bible EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:56 pm

When I was a youngster my mother listened to a radio program called, "Back to the Bible."  It came on a radio station in a nearby town at 9 or 9:30 every morning, Monday through Friday.  That show still exists today.  I've seen "Back to the Bible" used as a slogan in some churches.  

With all the churches in America, radio shows like Back to the Bible, TV evangelists seen on a daily basis all across this land, you would think that by now this would be a righteous land.  Instead, we allow the murder of the unborn.  Same sex unions and marriages are  becoming more acceptable to the people of this country.  Something is definitely wrong.  With all  the "Christian" stuff that goes on in this country, it should be different.  Well, maybe there is something wrong with American Christianity.

Back to the Bible has to be more than a church slogan or the name of a radio program if we are going to save this nation.  II Chronicles 7.14 states, "If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin,  and will heal their land."

Today, there is a different people, a new name, and a new covenant, but the principle is the same.  The people of God in America must humble themselves, pray and seek the face of God, and turn from their wicked ways if we want God to forgive the sin of American Christians, and heal our land.  

You may wonder what the sin of American Christians is.  What was the sin of the people of God in II Chronicles 7.14?  It really isn't stated in the text, but I think we can extrapolate from the rest of the Old Testament that the sin that seemed to bring out the anger in God was idolatry.  Has that changed?  If you read Romans 1.18-32, you will find that it hasn't changed.  God is still angry when the people which are called by the name of His Son engage in idolatrous activity.  And we can see God's anger in this country, which you can see in Nation at War With God, see Part 2.

On December 25th, American Christians believe they are celebrating the birth of Christ.  They're not.  Christmas is idolatry.  You can read the truth about Christmas here: The End of the Year Thing: The Truth About Christmas

In March or April American Christians believe they are celebrating the death, burial and resurrection of Christ on Good Friday and Easter.  They're not.  That too is idolatry.  You can read about that here: The Truth About Easter

The two major days on the so called "Christian calendar," and they are not Christian at all.  They are idolatry, and they make God angry, if indeed idolatry still makes Him angry, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. And that is just for starters.  

If we really do go back to the Bible, American Christianity will cease to exist because American Christianity is not Christianity at all.  It is an idolatrous religion calling itself "Christian," just as those impostors in Palestine that calls themselves Israel which American Christians support and call them "God's chosen people," when in fact they are not.  

We must get back to the Bible if we are going to save this Country.  Doing so will be difficult because those Americans that call themselves "Christian" love their paganism too much.  So, I don't see much hope for the United States of America.  In the not too distant future, I believe the United States of America will cease to exist, enslaved by a world order that uses a global currency, when the Federal Reserve will call in all the Federal Reserve Notes we call money, and the whole country will be theirs.  We can change that, if we turn to God and turn from our wicked ways, so He will heal our land.
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net

Back To The Bible
Page 1 of 1